Avenged Sevenfold Italia -  www.avengedsevenfolditalia.it

Intervista a Zacky V (sulla Vengeance) fatta dai fans

« Older   Newer »
†Beba†
view post Posted on 24/1/2009, 14:33

Le prime 3 sono le mie U.U :

Q. Will you open a store in LA?

ZV. We have entertained the idea. Even though Vengeance University has proven highly successful we consider ourselves in our “infant stages”. I think it would be fun to have a store or several, simply for a place that kids could come in and seek refuge from their normal day to day. I envision not only a store but a place for kids to hang and challenge me and the team to a nice solid game of Nintendo Wii. Selling shit is only a part of what VU stands for.

Q. Will we see your merch in europe? i mean, will u sale your merch to any european stores or in any fairs?

ZV. Absolutely. Europe supports the VU strongly its only a matter of time. We are constantly meeting new people and building our team stronger. It may not happen immediately but VU is in it for the long run.

Q. Who does make the drawing of the t-shirts (not considering munk one).

ZV. Well I suck at drawing for the most part. I am a huge fan of Munk but other designs such as the zomby were made by a very renowned (one of my favorite artists) Joe King. Casey Howard also helps me immensely as well as tattoo artist Dan Smith and Cam Rackam. We are always looking at new and upcoming artists. I do take pride that I come up with all designs and meticulously revise all artwork until my vision comes alive. I did however hand draw the V logo haha and a few of the original ZVP designs.

Q. What is the craziest thing that has happened whilst travelling the world spreading the VU word.?!

ZV. To me every day is crazy in its own way. Sometimes being bored is the craziest thing I can imagine. Other times its debauchery that even I find myself in fear of becoming incarcerated. The scariest thing is when our plane missed its landing in Palma DeMallorca and barely made it back into the air over the summer. That definitely made me think differently about the world.

Q. Hey Zacky V, my questions is what is the best part about having your own clothing line?

ZV. It is the freedom to make whatever I can dream up. When you are excited I am more excited. I don’t have any children at the moment but this is the closest thing to actually nurturing one I can imagine.

Q. What are some of the most disgusting things you have ever seen from the stage during a show?

ZV. Iron Maidens crew guy coming out butt ass naked to deliver us shots of scotch over the summer. It wasn’t a pretty site.

Q. Hey zacky and the rest of the vengenz team i want to know what is the reason behind the clothing line and the insperations for the designs i think there so cool.

ZV. This has definitely been the most popular question. I have actually received hundreds of letters asking about this. Vengeance University is about all of my experiences leading up until the now. I don’t really have 1 or even any number of sources for inspiration. I just allow myself to do whatever comes to mind. I get inspired every day by everything imaginable.

Q. I was just wondering, how do you come up with the amazing designs for Vengeance University with the amount of time you spend with the band touring and what not, i mean is it hard work, or does it ever get frustrating?

ZV. A lot of my ideas come at the weirdest times. I literally wake up in the middle of the night sometimes from a dream and take notes to make it a reality. I have never felt that VU is too hard of work luckily. Sometimes dealing with business laws and that bullshit can be frustrating but it helps me continue learning. I don’t let myself get frustrated by VU because I created it to be my escape from all the things that do frustrate me.

Q. Also what made you want to have a clothing line?

ZV. I like looking good. Dressing and Undressing people makes for a good time also.

Q. Who/what has inspired you the most in your life?

ZV. The idea that someday my life will end in my death.

Q. Where is the one place that VU hasn’t visited that you would like
to go?

ZV. I really like the idea of outer space. I can’t wait to visit china more extensively, India and Russia. I would also love to return to Egypt again since I haven’t been in over 20 years.

Q. IF you had to wear one piece of VU clothing for the rest of your life and could not take it off , what would be that article of clothing?

ZV. I am fascinated with skeletons. Preferably my own. I cant take it off but I would love to put it on display when I die. I really love the colored Zomby too.

Q. Will your clothing line ever be sold at warped tour?

ZV. I would love to make it happen. We are actually looking into it as we speak.

Q. Who is in charge of day-to-day operations at VU? I remember way back when I ordered a beanie for a friend in Canada, the receipt I got had been signed with a ZV that looked VERY familiar. So I wonder who exactly is hands on at VU?

ZV. I am the most hands on. I oversee the entire operation because I want my vision to be shared by everyone. I am helped by all of my closest friends as well as the wonderful people at digital gravel. I love throwing in little surprises such as signatures and thank you notes every now and then to let people know this isn’t some bullshit corporate venture trying to use my name but an honest DIY underground clothing company.

Q. How has the collaboration with the DCMA Collective helped/improved VU? And with what exactly did they help: designs or business wise?

ZV. Tal over at DCMA helped me get Vengeance University up and running. He pointed me in the right direction and is always around when I need his help. We are both new companies and we are learning new things about the business everyday. We are actually planning to do a limited edition collaberation in the not too distant future.

Q. How does “the man whose name rhymes with everything” fit into VU? We see him on the blog a lot but what’s his role with the clothing line?

ZV. His name is Diony. He basically acts like my mom when I am on tour. He tells me when my ideas are dumb and he brings me water and medicine when I am hungover. He is basically my go to guy for everything. Without him we would all be lost.

Q. What would you say is the hardest part of managing with VU and the band at the same time?

ZV. Making sure Im not wearing the same VU shirt as other members of my band onstage the same night.

Q. Is VU gonna be always an internet shop only or are you maybe thinkin about opening retail spaces in the US..and then Europe?

ZV. I would love to have shops someday but for now being online and in a few select boutique retail outlets seems to work the best. That way you can order your favorite shirts without even standing up and have them delivered to your doorstep. Walking around to shop is overated.

Q. Of all the places you’ve been reppin Vengeance University, which place was your favorite to be?

ZV. My favorite place to be is wherever my friends are.

Q. I was wondering, what sparked the idea of having your own clothing line? And will there be a possibility of more VU accesories, like hats or bags, etc?

ZV. I don’t really know what made me want to do a clothing line except that it allowed me to express another form of my creativity. There will definitely be a lot more accessories in the future.

Q. How did Icky get involved with Vengeance University?

ZV. Icky is my dog. He is borderline psychotic. He is one of the cutest dogs you’ll ever see but would most likely take your finger off if you get too close. In fact im looking at a big blood stain on my carpet now containing Johnny C’s DNA from when Icky bit him 2 days ago. I whored icky out via myspace to let people know my intentions of starting a clothing line appx. 2 years ago. However no one believed that Icky spoke the truth and thought I was a fake. I still think it was a genius idea however. He is pretty much the ruler of the Vengeance University Empire. He is the driving force of the Darkside.

Q. I was wondering if you post to Australia? I’ve wanted to buy a shirt for months now and I’ve finally got some money. But then I was thinking about it and wasn’t sure if I could because I live in Australia.

ZV. Yes indeed we ship to about 95% percent of the planet earth. Including lovely Australia.

Q. If you were a geometric shape, what would you be?

ZV. Definitely a square. Because its hip to be square.

Q. If you could be one superhero, who would you be?

ZV. Wonder Woman so I could bend over in front of the mirror.

Q. Why are you so hot?

ZV. Cuz Im wearing the new laugh now hoodie in sunny southern California.

Q. Where do you see this company in 10 years?

ZV.Dressing your babies and undressing their mommies.

Q. Do you think you will ever make dog clothes?

ZV. I think dog tags or collars would be cooler. Dogs and puppies are already Dope by nature and don’t really need VU’s help. I do like the collar and dog tag idea though.

Q. If you weren’t a famous musician, what do you think you would be doing?

ZV. I would be an unfamous musician or a very famous clothing entrepeneur haha.

Edited by [giada sullivan] - 18/12/2013, 19:53

Laura.a7x
view post Posted on 25/1/2009, 19:13

potete tradurre le più interessanti ????? *____*

view post Posted on 19/6/2016, 17:00

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

traduzione di quelle sulla Vengenz:

1. Aprirai uno store a Los Angeles?
ZV: Abbiamo considerato l’idea. Anche se la Vengeance University ha avuto un grande successo noi ci consideriamo ancora dei principianti. Credo che sarebbe divertente avere uno store o diversi, anche solo il dare ai ragazzi un posto in cui andare a rifugiarsi di tanto in tanto. Immagino non solo uno store ma proprio un posto per ragazzi in cui possono passare il tempo e sfidare me ed il mio staff alla Nintendo Wii. Vendere roba non è il solo motivo per cui stiamo qua.

2. Vedremo il tuo merch anche in Europa? Voglio dire, renderai disponibile il tuo merch anche in store europei o in certi mercati.
ZV: Assolutamente. L’Europa ha supportato molto la VU quindi è davvero questione di tempo. Incontriamo di continuo nuove persone per costruire un team forte. Forse non succederà nell’immediato, ma la VU ha in progetto di lavorare a lungo.

3. Chi crea i disegni delle t-shirts escludendo la Munk One?
ZV: Beh io faccio schifo nei disegni, solitamente. Sono un grande fan della Munk One ma un sacco di altri disegni come la Zomby sono stati creati da un artista molto rinominato come Joe King. Anche Casey Howard mi ha aiutato immensamente, come anche Dan Smith e Cam Rackam. Siamo sempre in cerca di nuovi artisti anche emergenti. Voglio essere orgoglioso di tutti i design che escono e di revisionare meticolosamente tutto quanto fin quando la mia visione non si anima. Ho comunque disegnato a mano personalmente il logo della V (la switchblade) hahah e qualche altra delle grafiche originali dei primi tempi.

4. Hey Zacky, mi chiedevo, qual è la parte migliore dell’avere una propria linea di abiti?
ZV: E’ la libertà di fare tutto quello che sogni. Quando tu sei eccitato, io lo sono di più. Non ho figli al momento, ma per me questa è la cosa da crescere che più ci si avvicina per me.

5. Hey Zacky e il resto della VU, volevo sapere qual è la ragione dietro a questa linea di abiti e quali sono le ispirazioni per i disegni che credo siano proprio fighi.
ZV: Questa è decisamente la domanda più popolare. Ho ricevuto un centinaio di lettere in cui mi viene chiesto. La Vengeance University è tutta incentrata sulle mie esperienze affrontate fin’ora. Non ho davvero una fonte primaria di ispirazione. Permetto solo a me stesso di fare tutto quello che mi viene in mente, vengo ispirato giorno per giorno da qualunque cosa immaginabile.

6. Stavo pensando, come ti escono certi disegni della VU con tutto il tempo che trascorri con la band, in tour e via dicendo, voglio dire è un lavoro duro, o diventa quasi frustrante?
ZV: Un sacco di idee assurde mi vengono proprio in menti strani. Mi sveglio letteralmente nel mezzo della notte a volte per colpa di un sogno e prendo nota di tutto quanto per renderlo reale. Non mi sono mai sentito come se la VU fosse troppo lavoro, fortunatamente. A volte aver a che fare con leggi commerciali e tutte quelle stronzate può essere frustrante ma mi aiutano anche a continuare ad imparare cose. Non permetto a me stesso di sentirmi frustrato per la VU perché l’ho creata per essere la mia via di fuga da tutte le cose che mi fanno sentire frustrato.

7. Cos’altro ti ha fatto desiderare di avere una linea di abbigliamento?
ZV: Mi piace apparire al meglio. Vestire e svestire le persone per un periodo, anche.

8. Se dovessi vestire un solo capo della VU per il resto della tua vita e non potessi più togliertelo, quale sarebbe?
ZV: Sono affascinato dagli scheletri. Preferibilmente col mio. Non posso togliermelo di dosso ma vorrei poterlo mostrare quando morirò. Mi piace un sacco anche la Zomby colorata.

9. La tua linea sarà venduta anche al Warped Tour?
ZV: Mi piacerebbe renderlo possibile. Stiamo proprio cercando di capire se è fattibile.

10. Chi è che comanda nelle operazioni quotidiane alla VU? Ricordo che tempo fa feci un ordine di un cappellino per un amico in Canada e la scatola che ho ricevuto era stata firmata da uno ZV a me molto familiare. Quindi mi chiedo la VU in quali mani sia esattamente.
ZV: Di solito ho tutto fra le mani io. Supervisiono tutta l’operazione perché voglio che la mia visione sia condivisa da tutti. Sono aiutato da tutti i miei amici più stretti e da persone fantastiche al reparto digitale. Mi piace mettere delle piccole sorprese come un autografo o un bigliettino di ringraziamento nei pacchi, di tanto in tanto, per far sapere alla gente che questa non è una ditta merdosissima che cerca solo di usare il mio nome, ma sono onestamente io dietro a questa compagnia di vestiti underground.

11. La collaborazione con la DCMA Collective, come ha aiutato la VU? E in cosa hanno effettivamente aiutato? Con designs o con consigli di vendita?
ZV: Tal della DCMA mi ha aiutato a tirar su la Vengeance ed a metterla in attivo. Mi ha indirizzato nella direzione giusta ed è sempre in giro quando ho bisogno del suo aiuto. Siamo entrambe nuove compagnie e impariamo entrambi nuove cose sulle vendite, ogni giorno. Stiamo anche programmando di fare una collaborazione di edizioni limitate nel futuro prossimo.

12. Quale pensi sia la parte più difficile del gestire la VU e una band allo stesso tempo?
ZV: Esser certo che non sto indossando la stessa maglietta della VU che hanno indosso sul palco i miei compagni della band stasera.

13. La VU sarà sempre e soltanto un negozio online o stai anche valutando di aprire dei negozi o delle rivendite fisiche in America e magari in Europa?
ZV: Mi piacerebbe avere dei negozi un giorno ma per il momento essere online e solo in pochissimi negozi o outlet sembra essere la cosa migliore. Il modo in cui puoi ordinare la tua maglia preferita senza neanche doverti alzare e trovartele poi consegnate direttamente alla porta di casa. Andare fino ad un negozio ormai è una cosa sorpassata.

14. Farai mai dei vestiti per cani?
ZV: Credo che targhette per cani o collari, sarebbero anche fighi. Cani e cuccioli sono già fantastici per natura e non hanno bisogno dell’aiuto della VU. Ma mi piace l’idea dei collari e delle targhette.

Web Contacts  Top
2 replies since 24/1/2009, 14:33   83 views