Avenged Sevenfold Italia -  www.avengedsevenfolditalia.it

A7X su Big cheese magazine, (copertine, articoli e scan)

« Older   Newer »
Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 13/7/2010, 06:19 by: Elianaxcore

piccolo estratto:
CITAZIONE
“The record and everything around it is a very important thing for us, especially with the situation we’ve been going through,” the singer admits. “This record is the last one with our drummer Jimmy, featuring the last piece of music that he wrote, so it’s really significant for us. I don’t know if it’s a milestone we wanted to hit, but it’s one that unfortunately has to be recognized. We didn’t want to be here doing this without Jimmy, but we are in this situation and we’re glad we did it.”

“Unfortunately, this is the most important record we’ve made,” Shadows states. “Sometimes when bands write a lot of albums, you kind of go through the motions and you just start regurgitating stuff you’ve already done. That wasn’t the case with us. Jimmy was writing some brilliant material and we thought we were always working on something really special. Now, with him passing away, it’s just that much more important to us. It’s a bittersweet notion releasing this record. Everything is based on Jimmy. We’ve obviously rather have it the other way around, but we gotta do what we gotta do; preserve his legacy and get his songs out there to the people. I know a lot of our fans really want to hear what he was working on in his last days.”

“The album has some really cool stuff on there. There are songs that are more pop-sounding, others that are way out there – for example there’s an eleven minute song which is very progressive, dark and gothic – there is some Pink Floyd influence that we’ve never really explored before, and then there are some of the heaviest tracks we’ve ever done. Heavier then ‘Waking The Fallen.’ There’s one called ‘God Hates Us, which is just a damn angry song. We went through all emotions here and I think they are all captured on this record. It’s like our ‘Black Album,’ you know? There’s also a piano piece Rev wrote three days before he died and it’s like nothing I’ve ever heard before. It’s very eerie and haunting. So there is a lot of different things on this record; some cool guitar work, Mike’s excellent drumming, and a lot of aggression too. Plenty of highs and lows.”

“I dont think I will ever come to terms with what happened. Everyone who has lost somebody tells you that you’ll never be the same, but you’re just going to learn to live with it. And at first you don’t want to move forward; you just want to sit still and not admit it to yourself. But then you realize doing that doesn’t help anything. I feel guilty moving on, you know? Jimmy started this band with us. Why do we have the right to move on without him? Then I think he wouldn’t want us to stop. He’d want us to go on and rock out.”

“Honestly, we got a call the other day asking for us to book live dates after December and we told them not to book anything,” he says. “Mike’s gonna be done by then, and I’m not ready to look for a replacement for Jimmy. We’re only at the point of touring now because Mike helped us out and was so generous in the whole process. He offered and we felt really comfortable with him. I’m not interested in touring after that and I don’t know whats going to happen with the band. I think it will take a long time before we decide to move forward in that fashion. I know that we will definitely play music together in the future but I don’t know if we’ll be called Avenged Sevenfold. The thing about our band is that we were all brothers. I grew up with Jimmy; he was my best friend. And at this point it seems so wrong. I’m looking at all the paintings in my studio of the five of us and the photos and it just doesn’t feel right to go on. He was one of the founding members. It’s so bizarre to me. So I don’t know where we’ll go exactly. I’m sure we’ll find our way, though. In time we’ll figure it out.”

47 replies since 29/6/2010, 14:35   809 views