Avenged Sevenfold Italia -  www.avengedsevenfolditalia.it

I colleghi ricordano Jimmy

« Older   Newer »
oO°Lucy°Oo
view post Posted on 28/5/2010, 20:18

CITAZIONE (†Beba† @ 28/5/2010, 21:17)
io gli taglio la barba e gliela coloro di rosa ù.ù

penso sia la cosa che lo terrorizzi più al mondo il pensiero che qualcuno tocchi la sua barba blu :sisi:

view post Posted on 28/5/2010, 20:18

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

bello. fa proprio BRIOBRIO!

Web Contacts  Top
Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 4/10/2010, 16:35

a questo proposito, tempo fa, sul myspace di Papa Gates, apparve un post dedicato a Jimmy (l'ho cercato non l'ho trovato l'ho pubblicato io, perché lo trovo bellissimo):

martedì, dicembre 29, 2009

Jimmy Sullivan
As I'm sure you have all heard by now, Jimmy Sullivan passed away on Dec. 28th.

I first met him when he was 14. He came to my house and played the drums exactly the way he played up 'til now - with flawless technique and reckless abandon. He was, and remains, the most talented musician I have ever met. An artist almost beyond comprehension. He was an unbelievable writer, pianist, and singer that could have made a name for himself doing just those things. But he didn't. He simply chose to be one of the best drummers on the planet.

Perhaps more importantly, he was a free-spirit who saw the world differently than you and me. His world was measured in quality of relationships, music and art. I knew him well and never heard him speak about politics once. I cherish our long talks about music and life. He remains the only person I have ever known, who truly didn't care what people thought of him. He said exactly what was on his mind with no thought of editing. Not in a bad or hostile way, but almost like a child. A rare quality, indeed.

But as is always the case with a person of such pure spirit, he was simply too beautiful and fragile to walk this earth for long. God touched him with the gift of art, but not the gift of resilience to handle a harsh and cruel world.

I would love to share the many memories I have of him from the time he was a boy up until now, but I simply can't bring myself to. Not yet, anyway. Perhaps when the crying is done.

We were all touched by him in many different ways and we will all share in his loss. And though there will forever be a hole in my heart in that place Jimmy occupied, I feel blessed just to have known him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his "brothers" in the band.

stregatta87
view post Posted on 4/10/2010, 16:44

che bello sto messaggio...

Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 4/10/2010, 17:18

CITAZIONE
But as is always the case with a person of such pure spirit, he was simply too beautiful and fragile to walk this earth for long. God touched him with the gift of art, but not the gift of resilience to handle a harsh and cruel world.

questo pezzo è magnifico...

Frankie Monster
view post Posted on 4/10/2010, 19:53

Semplicemente magnifico!

SiL.
view post Posted on 6/10/2010, 09:34

non l'avevo letto.
ma papa gates ha detto delle grandi verità nel più bel modo possile...e lui lo conosceva Jimmy, non sono certo parole di circostanza.

Bello.

_pese_
view post Posted on 6/10/2010, 14:29

CITAZIONE
Jimmy Sullivan
As I'm sure you have all heard by now, Jimmy Sullivan passed away on Dec. 28th.

I first met him when he was 14. He came to my house and played the drums exactly the way he played up 'til now - with flawless technique and reckless abandon. He was, and remains, the most talented musician I have ever met. An artist almost beyond comprehension. He was an unbelievable writer, pianist, and singer that could have made a name for himself doing just those things. But he didn't. He simply chose to be one of the best drummers on the planet.

Perhaps more importantly, he was a free-spirit who saw the world differently than you and me. His world was measured in quality of relationships, music and art. I knew him well and never heard him speak about politics once. I cherish our long talks about music and life. He remains the only person I have ever known, who truly didn't care what people thought of him. He said exactly what was on his mind with no thought of editing. Not in a bad or hostile way, but almost like a child. A rare quality, indeed.

I would love to share the many memories I have of him from the time he was a boy up until now, but I simply can't bring myself to. Not yet, anyway. Perhaps when the crying is done.

We were all touched by him in many different ways and we will all share in his loss. And though there will forever be a hole in my heart in that place Jimmy occupied, I feel blessed just to have known him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his "brothers" in the band.

un messaggio semplicemente emozionante e triste allo steso tempo. mi fa pensare a quanto sia ingiusto che a questo mondo si perdano sempre i migliori. rev è stato indubbiamente un artista di grande peso e penso che la sua influenza si farà sentire per sempre nella vita di coloro che l'hanno conosciuto. dalle parole di papa gates si può solo immagniare la grandezza non solo artistica ma soprattutto personale di quest'uomo.

Edited by [giada helena sullivan] - 1/2/2011, 16:05

Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 9/10/2010, 08:12

sul sito della Vegeance University, Zacky ha pubblicato le foto del santuario che ha dedicato a Jimmy in casa sua. www.vengenz.com/101/

dante3vergil
view post Posted on 10/10/2010, 20:10

CITAZIONE (Elianaxcore @ 9/10/2010, 09:12)
sul sito della Vegeance University, Zacky ha pubblicato le foto del santuario che ha dedicato a Jimmy in casa sua. www.vengenz.com/101/

:') Bellissimo .... Molto toccante :) Grande Zacky

SiL.
view post Posted on 11/10/2010, 09:21

oh yeah, jimmy lo amerebbe alla follia questo altarino!

Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 11/10/2010, 10:08

è folle e macabro.........mi piace! image

Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 14/10/2010, 11:20

*c'è n'è un'altra: questa è di Franco Vescovi, il tatuatore (fece anche il tatuaggio di Jimmy per Tal Cooperman, ndr https://avengedsevenfold.forumfree.it/?t=45290211)

*poi un video, www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFdydd1kypg&feature=player_embedded# dei Good Charlotte ad un loro concerto.

da dcmacollective.com

Edited by Elianaxcore - 14/10/2010, 12:49

view post Posted on 1/2/2011, 16:10

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

chris epting ha parlato con jared dei the dirty heads che ha detto due parole su jimmy:

CITAZIONE
Along with Avenged Sevenfold, the Dirty Heads have helped put focus on Huntington as a musical mecca, and Heads lead singer Jared Watson likes that his band is now often spoken about in the same sentence with his Surf City brethren.

"We went to Marina High, they went to Huntington, but we knew each other well growing up," Watson said. "They're awesome guys. In fact, my best friend growing up was Jimmy Sullivan."

Sullivan, a.k.a. "The Rev," was the Avenged Sevenfold drummer who died in late December 2009.

"I think about him all the time," Watson said. "Just recently, we got together with the Sullivan family and some of the guys from Avenged for a memorial."

Visto che sono in studio i ragazzi.. chissà se ci sarà un pezzo dedicato a jimmy ç_ç

Web Contacts  Top
SiL.
view post Posted on 1/2/2011, 20:43

grande Jason!

62 replies since 7/1/2010, 14:50   2066 views