view post Posted on 2/4/2019, 00:16

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

Brevissima intervista di M Live.com a Jimmy prima dello show a Grand Rapids

Metal fans, rockers embrace Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry
Posted Nov 15, 2008
By Troy Reimin

The Rev, “”We’ve Thought About Shredding A Little More, Getting Back To Faster Stuff.”

The Rev called into The Grand Rapid Press’ M Live to talk about how the metal fan’s have been mixing with the rock fans, Avenged Sevenfold’s vigorous dedication to touring, and what direction he’d like to go in with the follow up to the self-titled. We love what we hear.

Can metal fans and “regular” rock fans co-exist?

That’s a gamble that seems to be paying off for metal Avenged Sevenfold, sharing headlining duties on a tour with Buckcherry, perhaps a more rock-radio-friendly act.

That results in what Avenged Sevenfold drummer Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan described as an unexpected mix — fans geeked about one of the acts and maybe tentatively into the other, but a larger crowd, regardless.

“This is an interesting lineup. There’s a lot of straight-up rock fans mixed with a lot of metal fans, so it’s an interesting mix,” said Sullivan, reached before a show in Milwaukee. “Our fans all over are pretty diehard about us. I think we have one of the best fan bases in the world. That’s mainly what I’ve noticed.”

Album recalls ’80s
Avenged Sevenfold has been touring relentlessly to promote its self-titled fourth album, a stylistically ambitious collection of sprawling metal songs that recall the 1980s heyday of Iron Maiden and early Metallica.

The band — also consisting of singer M. Shadows, guitarists Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates, and bass player Johnny Christ — also just released a live DVD and collection of B-sides from the “Avenged Sevenfold” recording sessions.

On the 10 songs that made the album, there are nods to country and Queen-style pomp that prompted the usual cries of “sellout!” upon its initial release. (The band jumped to the majors on 2005′s gold-selling “City of Evil.”) But Sullivan said he’s seen the new record grow on fans during the past year.

“The first couple of months when you release an album, the crowds don’t know the songs quite as well, so the shows get better after a few months,” he said.

On the road again
A solid year on the road can run a band ragged, but Avenged Sevenfold is known for its vigorous dedication to touring (and, according to reputation, partying).

After another six weeks or so with Buckcherry, Avenged Sevenfold, A7X in shorthand, will do some more touring on its own. Sullivan said once the band has hit each city twice behind a given album, enough is enough.

“Luckily, there’s enough cities in the world where we get to do it for extensive amounts of time. We love being on the road. I get really bored if I’m home for too long or in one spot for too long,” he said. “Touring is more fun, but the act of creating music that people love is also very satisfying.”

That said, the band has given some, but not too much, thought to how to properly follow up a project as ambitious as “Avenged Sevenfold.”

“We’ve thought about doing a concept album,” Sullivan said. “We’ve thought about shredding a little more, getting back to faster stuff. It’s just going to come down to whatever we feel like writing at the time.”

Edited by giada7x - 11/12/2019, 17:14

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 11/12/2019, 17:12

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

The Rev è chiamato al The Grand Rapids Press M Live per parlare di come i fan del metal si siano ormai mischiati a quelli del rock, gli A7X e la loro vocazione vigorosa ai tour, a quale direzione vorrebbero prendere adesso dopo il loro Selftitled. Abbiamo adorato quello che abbiamo sentito.

Possono coesistere i metallari con i fan del rock?
Quella è scommessa che sembra ripagare bene per il metal degli A7X che dividono l'headlining del corrente tour con i Buckcherry che sembrano essere più predisposti al rock adatto alle radio.
Il risultato descritto da The Rev è un mix inaspettato di fan che vengono per una band ma che tentano anche di apprezzare le altre, il tutto allargato ad un enorme pubblico.

"Questa è una line up davvero interessante. Ci sono un sacco di fan del rock mischiati a quelli del metal, quindi è davvero un mescolone interessante" dice Jimmy, raggiunto prima dello show di Milwaukee. "I nostri fan sono davvero devoti verso di noi. Credo di avere uno dei migliori fan base di tutto il mondo, questo è quello di cui mi sono accorto".

Album che richiamano gli anni 80:
Gli Avenged Sevenfold hanno girato in tour senza riposo per promuovere il loro quarto disco, il Selftitled, una collezione stilisticamente ambiziosa di assurde canzoni metal che richiamano i giorni migliori degli anni 80 degli Iron Maiden e dei primi Metallica.
La band, composta dal cantante M.Shadows, dai chitarristi Zacky Vengeance e Synyster Gates e dal bassista Johnny Christ; hanno anche rilasciato un dvd live e una collezione di canzoni b-sides composte durante la sessione di registrazione del loro ultimo disco.
Nelle 10 canzoni che ce l'hanno fatta ad entrare nel loro ultimo disco in studio, ci sono accenni al country, canzoni in stile Queen per cui sono stati accusati di essersi venduti non appena è uscito il disco.
(La band ha fatto il botto con il disco d'oro City Of Evil del 2005) ma Sullivan spiega che vede il loro ultimo disco continuare a crescere nelle preferenze dei fans anno per anno.
"Il primo paio di mesi dopo l'uscita di un disco, il pubblico vedi che ancora non conosce bene le canzoni ma poi gli show iniziano ad andare meglio nel giro di poco tempo" spiega.

Ancora in tour:
Un anno intero in tour può rendere una band stressata, ma gli A7X sono conosciuti per la loro vigorosa devozione ai tour (e, per la reputazione che hanno, per divertirsi).
Dopo altre 6 settimane con i Buckcherry, gli A7X faranno altro tour da soli. Sullivan una volta ha detto che la band cerca di tornare due volte nella stessa città durante la promozione di un disco, decisamente abbastanza!
"Fortunatamente ci sono abbastanza città nel mondo dove possiamo andare e tornare per un'infinità di volte" spiega "Andare in tour è più divertente, ma l'atto di creare musica che le persone amano è a sua volta davvero soddisfacente".

Detto questo, la band ha iniziato a pensare -ma non troppo- al seguito di Avenged Sevenfold in modo che sia altrettanto ambizioso.
"Abbiamo pensato di fare un concept album" spiega Sullivan "abbiamo pensato di fare un po' più shredding e tornare a cose un po' più veloci. Dipende da come ci sentiremo quando inizieremo a scrivere".

Web Contacts  Top
1 replies since 2/4/2019, 00:16   48 views