« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 1/4/2019, 22:47

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

Intervista postata da ReaxMusic.com.

November 25, 2007
Revolution, Ft. Lauderdale

REAX: Through your music you have created a lifestyle that has brought together a devoted fan base taking you to #4 on your first week of releasing your new album. What in particular do you attribute that to?
The Rev: We’ve always been a tight knit family and interact with our fans very closely since day one. We’re always the guys signing autographs after our shows. We have a unique sound and style, which is different with every album. People latch on to that just like I latched on to some of my favorite bands growing up.

REAX: Over the past few years you’ve shared stages with rock legends including Metallica and Guns n’ Roses. Did you ever think to yourself, “How did we get here?” Or, does it all make sense to you?
The Rev: The first time when Metallica came to one of our shows to watch us, I was happy enough with that. Then they invited us on tour and I couldn’t believe it. That was the first band that Johnny and I ever saw live. I never thought I would be singing a song on stage with them. On 6/6/06 in Berlin, it was just them and us opening, it was a dream come true.

REAX: With each album you’ve put out, the band obviously decides to make changes in the direction the band was previously taking musically, especially when comparing a song like “A Little Piece Of Heaven” to your earlier work. Are these changes a result of confidence or discovering new influences to apply to the background you’ve already laid?
The Rev: Certainly, I would say that it is gaining confidence and revisiting old influences. We grow as musicians with every album cycle and we come up with new ideas in our own heads and collectively. When we sit down and write, we flush those ideas out. It’s never as deliberate as one would think, but we never make the same album twice. I’ve always been one of the biggest Danny Elfman fans, so I’ve always been influenced in that direction. We wanted to release a Halloween EP, so we wrote that song as the first of Halloween-themed songs. Everyone liked “A Little Piece Of Heaven” so much that we decided to put it on the new album.

REAX: Is the background instrumentation on “A Little Piece Of Heaven” something you always wanted to explore and who did you work with on that?
The Rev: We actually worked with members of Oingo Boingo, Marc Mann and Steve Bartek. I wrote the song on piano, they helped with woodwinds, brass, strings, and choir. I wanted it to be cinematic… like a movie soundtrack, but played by a metal band. It was the shit to get to work with them.

REAX: You have succeeded as an internationally touring band and overall worldwide acclaim at a fairly young age. What have you gained from that experience and how to you keep your artistic values in check with that kind of success?
The Rev: I don’t have a choice whether or not to choose my values. If it was in my contract to write fuckin’ hits for any band, I would fuck it up… just like everything else in my life because I do what I want to. Everyone else is the same way. Warner Brothers is great in giving us 100 creative control. They stay out of the studio and let us do our thing. It’s a great place to be. It feels good that they’re confident in letting us self-produce our albums now. I’m most proud of how this album turned out… in essence that’s why we self-titled it.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 28/11/2019, 10:10

Utente

Group:
Crew

Traduzione:

REAX: Attraverso la vostra musica avete creato uno stile di vita che ha riunito fan devoti che vi ha portato al numero 4 nella vostra prima settimana di pubblicazione del vostro nuovo album. A cosa lo attribuisci in particolare?
The Rev: Siamo sempre stati una famiglia unita e interagiamo molto attentamente con i nostri fan sin dal primo giorno. Siamo sempre i ragazzi che firmano autografi dopo i nostri spettacoli. Abbiamo un suono e uno stile unici, diversi per ogni album. Le persone si aggrappano a questo proprio come ho fatto con alcune delle mie band preferite crescendo.

REAX: Negli ultimi anni hai condiviso palcoscenici con leggende del rock tra cui Metallica e Guns n 'Roses. Hai mai pensato: "Come siamo arrivati qui?" Oppure, tutto questo ha senso per te?
The Rev: La prima volta che i Metallica sono venuti a uno dei nostri spettacoli per guardarci, ne sono stato abbastanza contento. Poi ci hanno invitato in tournée e non ci potevo credere. Questa è stata la prima band che Johnny e io abbiamo mai visto dal vivo. Non avrei mai pensato di cantare una canzone sul palco con loro. Il 6/06/06 a Berlino, eravamo solo loro e noi ad aprire, era un sogno diventato realtà.

REAX: Con ogni album che avete pubblicato, la band ovviamente decide di apportare cambiamenti nella direzione che stava prendendo musicalmente in precedenza, specialmente quando si confronta una canzone come "A Little Piece Of Heaven" con i vostri lavori precedenti. Questi cambiamenti sono il risultato della fiducia o della scoperta di nuove influenze da applicare al background che avete creato?
The Rev: Certamente direi che stiamo prendendo confidenza e rivisitando le vecchie influenze. Cresciamo come musicisti ad ogni ciclo di album e creiamo nuove idee nella nostra testa e collettivamente. Quando ci sediamo e scriviamo, eliminiamo quelle idee. Non è mai deliberato come si potrebbe pensare, ma non facciamo mai lo stesso album due volte. Sono sempre stato uno dei più grandi fan di Danny Elfman, quindi sono sempre stato influenzato in quella direzione. Volevamo pubblicare un EP di Halloween, quindi abbiamo scritto quella canzone come la prima delle canzoni a tema Halloween. "A Little Piece Of Heaven" è piaciuto a tutti così tanto che abbiamo deciso di inserirlo nel nuovo album.

REAX: La strumentazione di sottofondo di "A Little Piece Of Heaven" è qualcosa che avresti sempre voluto esplorare, e con chi ci hai lavorato?
The Rev: Abbiamo effettivamente lavorato con membri di Oingo Boingo, Marc Mann e Steve Bartek. Ho scritto la canzone al piano, mi hanno aiutato con fiati, ottoni, archi e coro. Volevo che fosse un film ... come una colonna sonora di un film, ma interpretato da una band metal. Era fantastico lavorare con loro.

REAX: Avete avuto successo come band in tournée a livello internazionale e in tutto il mondo acclamati in giovane età. Cosa hai guadagnato da quell'esperienza, e come è tenere sotto controllo i tuoi valori artistici con quel tipo di successo?
The Rev: Non ho scelta se scegliere o meno i miei valori. Se fosse nel mio contratto scrivere hit di successo per qualsiasi band, lo farei male ... proprio come tutto il resto della mia vita perché faccio quello che voglio. Tutti gli altri sono allo stesso modo. Warner Brothers è eccezionale nel darci il 100% del controllo creativo. Stanno fuori dallo studio e ci lasciano fare le nostre cose. È un ottimo posto dove stare. È bello che siano fiduciosi nel permetterci di autoprodurre i nostri album ora. Sono molto orgoglioso di come è uscito questo album ... in sostanza è per questo che lo abbiamo intitolato con il nome della band.

1 replies since 1/4/2019, 22:47   65 views