Intervista durante il take action tour a Jimmy, Johnny e Zacky, 2003

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 21:54

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

Trovata su QUESTO SITO.

An interview with Zacky Vengeance, The Rev, & Johnny Christ from A7X

Emo kids, punks, and metal heads gathered under one roof for a memorable night filled with music. The New Year’s Eve Bash presented by Soma at the San Diego Sports Arena, brought bands of different genres such as: Rufio, Rise Against, and Avenged Sevenfold together to share the stage. The show had a little bit of everything for everyone and was a definite crowd pleaser. I managed to snag an exclusive interview in the backstage shower with three members of Avenged Sevenfold after they played. Here’s what the guys had to say…

Betty: Please state your name and what you do in the band.

The Reverend: I’m the Reverend and I play drums. And this is Johnny Christ.
Johnny Christ: And I play bass.

Betty: With so many different genres represented tonight, how do you feel about sharing the stage with bands such as Rufio and Sugarcult?

The Reverend: Well how I feel is that a lot of them are my friends and I enjoy being the only metal band here. There’s a lot of kids here and a lot of new people to play for, I really like it.

Johnny Christ: Rufio and the Sugarcult guys, we got to meet them out on Warped Tour; I definitely love being the only metal band out there tonight. I feel the same way.

Betty: Do you get criticized for taking your name from the Bible, while you, yourselves claim to not have any religious standings?

The Reverend: We’ve never gotten criticized about it; except for a few weird emails here and there from people pissed off about it. We get asked about it a lot, though. It’s far more of an interest than rage.

Betty: What considerations and thoughts went into the decision of signing on with Warner Bros.?

The Reverend: We are always going to keep our music to what we want it to be. We want to reach as large an audience as we can. They [Warner Bros.] have the capability to present us to a larger audience; so we thought it was a great idea

[Zacky enters]

Zacky: What the hell is going on in here?
Betty: We are having an interview.
Zacky: Interview? Oh fuck that shit.
Betty: Would you like to join?
Zacky: No….Yes of course.

Betty: Please state your name and what you do in the band.
Zacky: My name is Zacky and I play guitar.

Betty: This is a cliche question , but what made you want to be a part of music in the first place?

Zacky: We just love music, and we don’t like working. We all are a little bit on the crazy side. We all are lucky and blessed with some artistic ability and we all think in a different way than most people. I think this is the only thing we could be doing. We didn’t really choose it, it chose us.

Johnny Christ: I just want the girls.

Betty: What misconceptions have you experienced with assuming the rock star personage?

The Reverend: That a lot of bands aren’t really that fun.

Zacky: Like you think everyone is going to be wild and crazy but you go on tour and some bands just suck. But we fulfill it.

Betty: How does the writing process work, is it an individual or collaborative effort?

Zacky: It’s really both, we all come together with ideas.

Johnny Christ: We pay people to write all our songs. [guys laugh]

Betty: I was introduced to your music through my favorite local band, Underminded. Whenever you play San Diego you always seem to play with them with the exception of the “Take Action Tour”, have you considered taking the them out on tour with you?

The Reverend: They put you up to this, didn’t they?

Betty: Well truthfully, they asked that I mentioned them.

Zacky: They’re an awesome band.

The Reverend: I think we always consider our friends and who we like.

Zacky: We don’t really headline very much at this point, so we can’t really call all the shots yet; but if we have a chance we will certainly tour with them.

Betty: Your previous bassist Justin Sane’s suicide attempt was the driving force that put you on the ‘Take Action Tour” this year. What would say to someone with thoughts of suicide?

The Reverend: I’d probably just want to listen to what he/she has to say because probably no one knows and that’s why he/she feels that way.

Zacky: I think everyone has considered it, I mean everyone has problems no matter who you are or what your status is. It’s hard to put yourself in other people’s shoes and understand what they’re going through. But I think that there is always something out there that can make you happy and the you have to go out and find it.

Betty: What advice would you give a kid or a group trying to make it in the music biz?

Zacky: I say stick with it and do what you love. Don’t worry about current trends because that stuff doesn’t matter. We didn’t. We do what we love and feed off each other, like Rev is an amazing drummer and I strive to keep up and do better, we all do.

Edited by NirvanA7X - 28/11/2019, 11:11

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 28/11/2019, 11:11

Utente

Group:
Crew

Traduzione

Un'intervista con Zacky Vengeance, The Rev e Johnny Christ degli A7X.

Ragazzi Emo, punk e metallari riuniti sotto lo stesso tetto per una notte memorabile piena di musica. Il Capodanno presentato da Soma alla San Diego Sports Arena, ha riunito gruppi di generi diversi come: Rufio, Rise Against e Avenged Sevenfold per condividere il palco. Lo spettacolo ha avuto un po' di tutto per tutti ed è stato un piacere per la folla. Sono riuscito a catturare un'intervista esclusiva nel dietro le quinte con tre membri degli Avenged Sevenfold dopo che hanno suonato. Ecco cosa hanno detto i ragazzi ...

Betty: Per favore, dimmi il tuo nome e cosa fai nella band.
The Rev: io sono The Rev e suono la batteria. E questo è Johnny Christ.
Johnny Christ: E suono il basso.

Betty: Con così tanti diversi generi rappresentati stasera, come vi sentite a condividere il palco con band come Rufio e Sugarcult?
The Reverend: Beh, penso che molti di loro siano miei amici e mi piace essere l'unica band metal qui. Ci sono molti ragazzi qui e molte persone nuove per cui suonare, mi piace davvero.
Johnny Christ: Rufio e i ragazzi Sugarcult, li abbiamo incontrati al Warped Tour; Adoro essere l'unica band metal stasera. Mi sento allo stesso modo.

Betty: Siete mai stati criticati per aver preso il nome dalla Bibbia, mentre affermate di non avere alcuna posizione religiosa?
The Rev: non siamo mai stati criticati; fatta eccezione per alcune strane e-mail qua e là da persone incazzate. Ci viene chiesto molto, comunque. È molto più interessante della rabbia.

Betty: Quali considerazioni e pensieri sono stati presi nella decisione di firmare con Warner Bros.?
The rev: Faremo sempre la nostra musica come vorremmo che fosse. Vogliamo raggiungere un pubblico il più vasto possibile. Loro [Warner Bros.] hanno la capacità di presentarci a un pubblico più vasto; quindi abbiamo pensato che fosse un'ottima idea.

[Entra Zacky]

Zacky: Che diavolo sta succedendo qui?
Betty: stiamo intervistando.
Zacky: Intervista? Oh cazzo che palle.
Betty: ti piacerebbe unirti?
Zacky: No .... Sì, certo.

Betty: Per favore, dimmi il tuo nome e cosa fai nella band.
Zacky: Mi chiamo Zacky e suono la chitarra.

Betty: Questa è una domanda da cliché, ma cosa ti ha fatto desiderare di far parte della musica in primo luogo?
Zacky: adoriamo solo la musica e non ci piace lavorare. Siamo tutti un po’ pazzi. Siamo tutti fortunati e benedetti con qualche abilità artistica e tutti pensiamo in un modo diverso rispetto alla maggior parte delle persone. Penso che questa sia l'unica cosa che potremmo fare. Non l'abbiamo davvero scelto, ci ha scelto.
Johnny Christ: Voglio solo le ragazze.

Betty: Quali idee sbagliate hai sperimentato assumendo il personaggio della rock star?
The Reverend: Molte band non sono poi così divertenti.
Zacky: Pensi che tutti siano matti e folli, ma vai in tour e alcune band fanno schifo. Ma lo rispettiamo.

Betty: come funziona il processo di scrittura, è uno sforzo individuale o collaborativo?
Zacky: Entrambi, ci riuniamo tutti con idee.
Johnny Christ: Paghiamo le persone per scrivere tutte le nostre canzoni. [I ragazzi ridono]

Betty: Ho ascoltato la vostra musica attraverso la mia band locale preferita, Underminded. Ogni volta che suonate a San Diego sembra che suonate sempre con loro, ad eccezione del "Take Action Tour", avete mai pensato di portarli in tour con voi?
The rev: ti hanno chiesto di farlo, vero?
Betty: Beh, sinceramente, mi hanno chiesto di menzionarli.
Zacky: Sono una band fantastica.
The rev: penso che consideriamo sempre i nostri amici e chi ci piace.
Zacky: Non suoniamo molto da headliner ancora, quindi non possiamo ancora chiamare quelli che vogliamo; ma se ne avremo la possibilità faremo sicuramente un tour con loro.

Betty: Il tentativo di suicidio del vostro precedente bassista, Justin Shane, è stata la forza trainante che vi ha portato al "Take Action Tour" quest'anno. Cosa direste a qualcuno con pensieri suicidi?
The Rev: probabilmente vorrei solo ascoltare quello che ha da dire perché probabilmente nessuno lo sa ed è per questo che si sente così.
Zacky: Penso che tutti lo abbiano considerato, intendo dire che tutti hanno problemi, non importa chi tu sia o quale sia il tuo stato. È difficile mettersi nei panni degli altri e capire cosa stanno attraversando. Ma penso che ci sia sempre qualcosa là fuori che può renderti felice e che devi uscire e trovarlo.

Betty: Che consiglio dareste ad un ragazzo o un gruppo che cerca di entrare nel mondo della musica?
Zacky: dico di attenersi a ciò che amano fare. Di non preoccuparsi delle tendenze attuali perché quella roba non ha importanza. Noi non lo abbiamo fatto. Abbiamo fatto ciò che amiamo e ci aiutiamo a vicenda, come Rev che è un batterista straordinario e mi sforzo di tenere il passo e di fare meglio, lo facciamo tutti.

1 replies since 26/8/2009, 21:54   146 views