Avenged Sevenfold Italia -  www.avengedsevenfolditalia.it

Nation Multimedia recensisce il concerto di Bangkok

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 22/1/2015, 22:07

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

Altra recensione, stavolta da parte di Nation Multimedia.

Avengers AVENGED
MANTA KLANGBOONKRONG
THE NATION
January 23, 2015 3:31 pm
Arrow Prev Arrow Next

American rockers Avenged Sevenfold blow away fans with their latest Bangkok show
WITH LAST YEAR'S international concert lineup mostly packed with pop singers, J-pop and K-pop groups and EDM DJs, 2015 kicked off with a loud bang Tuesday night as heavy metal band Avenged Sevenfold's returned to Bangkok for their third concert - this time at an even bigger venue.

Eight years ago the American hard rock quintet had their debut show in the compact Studio 125 in Huay Kwang district, followed by the second gig in 2012 at the slightly larger but unfortunately worse sound-wise Thunderdome in Muang Thong Thani. This time around, the band didn't wait too long to perform for their growing legions of Thai fans and managed to fill Impact Arena, which is roughly three times bigger than the previous venue.

Young fans, almost all of them Thai and dressed in the proper and sombre hard rock black, arrived at the venue early to secure the best spot in the standing areas. The pre-show vibe couldn't have been any more distant from the average pop concert: no "I (heart) you" twinkling neon signs, no glow sticks and surprisingly few selfies in front of the posters. Even the queues at the beer stands were short. This crowd had come for the music and to show their support for the band.

"Bangkok, are you as happy as we are to be here tonight?" lead vocalist M Shadow roared as the band took the stage at 8.30pm. "It's been too f**king long since our last time. And last time was good, but this time it will be better!" And to confirm that promise, the band kicked off the show with a medley of "Shepherd of Fire", "Critical Acclaim", "Welcome to the Family" and "Hail to the King" as two small but vigorous mosh pits started to form at the both standing sections.

Most fans chose to get close and personal with the band in the standing sections, which were packed. There were gaps in the seating sections on the second and third levels but as the show continued, fans with sitting tickets got up from their seats and flocked towards the front to bang their heads in unison.

"Beast and the Harlot", a smash hit from the band's sophomore "City of Evil" was performed next, with masterly guitar solos from rhythm guitarist Zacky Vengeance and lead guitarist Synyster Gates, followed by mellower tunes including "Buried Alive" and "Seize the Day".

"I see that some of you crazy motherf**kers are starting something here," commented M Shadow as he took in the mosh pits that had now grown to take up almost half of the each standing sections. "That means we gotta do something fast to keep this going!" With that the band treated fans to a series of hits including "Nightmare", "Chapter Four" and "Almost Easy" before taking a short break, leaving Synyster Gates to wow fans with his guitar solo session.

Extra credit must go to drummer Arin Ilejay, who kept the performance on point, clean and punchy with his powerful double-pedal percussion.

The rest of the group reappeared after a few minutes and resumed the show with "Afterlife", "This Means War" and "Acid Rain". Fans were soaked in sweat but kept jumping, screaming and moshing. And when the lights went out, they waited eagerly for the encore.

"Do you want more? Or do you want to go home and go to bed?" asked the lead singer, his sunglasses still perched on his nose.

Not bothering to wait for an answer, the band swung into "Unholy Confessions" and "Bat Country".

"Bangkok, thank you and good night," M Shadow said as the group walked off stage.

The fans didn't move, holding their positions and shouting "Sevenfold, Sevenfold!" until the winged skull - the band's symbol - lit up once more and the band returned to the stage with "A Little Piece of Heaven" for the second and last encore.

The 90-minute show was fulfilling and a lot of fun though I suspect I wasn't the only one disappointed that the band only selected songs from their last three albums ("Avenged Sevenfold", "Nightmare" and "Hail to the King") rather than their older hits.

That said, the dynamics among band members, the showmanship, connection with the fans and excellent musicianship merely underlined once again that Avenged Sevenfold is one of the best live acts around.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 23/1/2015, 03:36

Two vibrant hearts could change!

Group:
Crew

TRADUZIONE:

I rockers americani Avenged Sevenfold sorprendono i fan con il loro ultimo show a Bangkok.

Dopo l'ultimo anno pieno di concerti di cantanti pop, gruppi J-pop e K-pop e Dj EDM internazionali, il 2015 è partito alla grande con il ritorno a Bangkok della band heavy metal Avenged Sevenfold per il loro terzo concerto - questa volta in una location molto più grande.

Otto anni fa il quintetto hard rock americano ha presentato il suo show di debutto nel "Compact Studio 125" nel distretto di Huay Kwang, seguito da un secondo concerto nel 2012 nel "Thunderdome" a Muag Thong Thani, leggermente più grande ma, sfortunatamente, con un'acustica peggiore. Questa volta, la band non ha aspettato troppo a lungo ad esibirsi per la crescente legione di fans thailandesi ed è riuscita a riempire l' "Impact Arena", tre volte più grande della location precedente.

I giovani fans, quasi tutti thailandesi e rigorosamente vestiti di nero, sono arrivati prestissimo alla location per assicurarsi il posto migliore. L'atmosfera del pre-show non sarebbe potuta essere più diversa da quella del tipico concerto pop: niente scintillanti insegne al neon, nessun bastoncino fosforescente e, sorprendentemente, pochi selfie davanti ai poster. Anche le code agli stand della birra erano brevi. La gente era lì per la musica e per dimostrare il proprio supporto alla band.

"Bangkok, sei felice quanto noi di essere qui stasera?" ha ruggito il cantante, M. Shadows, non appena la band è salita sul palco, alle 20:30. "E' passato troppo tempo dalla nostra cazzo di ultima volta. E l'ultima volta è stato bello, ma stasera lo sarà ancora di più!". E per mantenere la promessa la band ha dato il via allo show con un medley di "Shepherd Of Fire", "Critical Acclaim", "Welcome To The Family" e "Hail To The King", accompagnate da due piccoli ma potenti mosh pit tra la folla.

La maggior parte dei fans ha scelto di godersi il concerto cercando di stare il più vicino possibile alla band nelle varie zone della location. Tra i posti a sedere del secondo e terzo anello ce n'erano alcuni vuoti e man mano che il concerto proseguiva i fans si alzavano dai loro posti e si ammassavano verso il palco, pogando all'unisono.

"Beast And The Harlot", un grande successo tratto da "City Of Evil", è stata la canzone successiva, con i magistrali assoli del chitarrista ritmico Zacky Vengenace e del chitarrista solista Synyster Gates, seguita da brani più melodici quali "Buried Alive" e "Seize The Day".

"Vedo che alcuni di voi pazzi figli di puttana stanno iniziando qualcosa qui", ha commentato M. Shadows rivolto al mosh pit che aveva coinvolto gran parte della folla. "Questo significa che dobbiamo suonare qualcosa di più veloce per farlo andare avanti!". Così la band ha regalato ai fan una serie di successi, inclusi "Nightmare", "Chapter Four", e "Almost Easy", prima di prendersi una breve pausa, lasciando Synyster Gates con il suo assolo di chitarra e i fans a bocca aperta.

Grande merito va al batterista Arin Ilejay, che ha effettuato una performance costante, pulita e incisiva con la sua potente batteria a doppio pedale.

Il resto del gruppo è riapparso dopo pochi minuti e ha ripreso lo show con "Afterlife", "This Means War" e "Acid Rain". I fans erano sudatissimi, ma hanno continuato a saltare, urlare e pogare. E quando le luci si sono spente hanno aspettato con ansia il bis.

"Ne volete ancora? O volete andare a casa e mettervi a letto?" ha chiesto il cantante, con gli occhiali da sole ancora sul naso.

Senza doversi preoccupare di aspettare una risposta, la band ha suonato "Unholy Confessions" e "Bat Country".

"Bangkok, grazie e buona notte" ha detto M. Shadows mentre il gruppo si allontanava dietro le quinte.

I fans non si sono mossi, sono rimasti al loro posto urlando "Sevenfold, Sevenfold!", finché il teschio alato - il simbolo della band - non si è illuminato ancora una volta e la band non è ritornata sul palco con "A Little Piece Of Heaven", per un secondo e ultimo bis.

I 90 minuti di concerto sono stati appaganti e molto divertenti, anche se ho il sospetto di non essere stato l'unico deluso dal fatto che la band abbia scelto solo le canzoni dei suoi ultimi tre album ("Avenged Sevenfold", "Nighmare" e "Hail To The King") piuttosto che dei successi più vecchi.

Detto questo, la dinamicità tra i membri della band, la spettacolarità, il legame con i fans e l'eccellente musicalità sottolineano ancora una volta come gli Avenged Sevenfold siano una delle migliori band da vedere dal vivo in circolazione.

1 replies since 22/1/2015, 22:07   23 views