Intervista della warner malesia riportata da the hive asia

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 22/1/2015, 22:05

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

Ecco qui l'intervista della Warner Music Malesia riportata da The Hive Asia

Avenged Sevenfold excited to play for Malaysia again

Heads up deathbats! American heavy metal band, Avenged Sevenfold (A7X) will be in town this Friday for their second concert in the country!

Made up of heavily tattooed rockstars whose music sounds like Metallica and Guns & Roses made a baby; the 16-year-old band from Huntington Beach, California is made up of M. Shadows (vocalist), Synyster Gates (lead guitar, backing vocals), Zacky Vengeance (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Johnny Christ (bass) and Arin Ilejay (drums).

With a huge following in Asia, the band has spawned many hits to date with many of their songs receiving heavy airplay on MTV as well as on radio. We're pretty sure you've at least heard and played air guitar to "Bat Country", "Seize The Day", or some of their later hits, "Dear God", "So Far Away" or "Hail to the King".

Sunway Lagoon will again play host for the band's stop in Malaysia this 23 January 2015, as they tour Asia to bring the music from their latest album "Hail to the King" (2013) to their fans in what will be a promising show of heavy metal.

Avenged Sevenfold talk about returning to Malaysia for their second show, what fans can expect and also how their seventh album due 2016 is currently working out!

A7X has been around for quite some time now. What’s the recipe for your longevity and success?
We throw so many styles into a blender to get our sound. We are also fearless in our approach. We play and perform the music that we like and don't seek approval.

M. Shadows at the band's headlining show at Download Festival, U.K. (Photo Source: Kathy Flynn, WickedGoddessPhotography)
What were some of the challenges that you had to get through to get to where you are now?
We have been through illegal downloading and now into the streaming era. Its affected us because we don't live in a world where people put any value into music. When you work for months writing and recording an album only to be stolen or streamed it makes you wonder how things got to that point. Obviously we all know the answer to that question but it is still an issue for most artists.

Throughout your musical journey, can you share with us some of the most memorable experiences you’ve ever had?
Headlining the Download Festival in England. So much was made out of a new band taking the step and I'm glad we nailed it. Also it feels like something we have been aiming for our whole career.

What’s the greatest lesson you’ve learned so far?
There has really never been a defining moment. The gradual steady climb has always been our M.O.

What’s the biggest blunder you’ve done on stage?
Getting hit with a shoe to the face is always unexpected.

What (or who) inspires your music?
We respect tons of bands but I think Metallica is very high on our list. They are massive but still do what they want on their terms. On top of that they are very good to the younger bands coming up in the scene.

You’re working on your seventh album. Tell us a bit about the process and how it’s different than your previous ones.
We will try all sorts of things. Some will work out but most will not. I think there will be some great adventurous songs on our next album but we will have to wait and see.

I think it’s awesome that you’ve developed an Role Playing Game app and an animated series, which is I guess is a rather unconventional way of promoting your music. What made you decide to take on these unique little projects?
We love games and we came to find out that a lot of our fans are gamers. It just felt like a perfect fit for us. It was a tedious process. The band had a huge say in everything from characters to level design and of course the music.

You did a successful show here in Malaysia back in 2012. Any great memories you took home from that experience?
The people and the culture. We had a great time seeing the city but the fans were insane. We look forward to seeing everyone again.

What can we expect from the upcoming concert in Kuala Lumpur?
We have a new album out called "Hail to the King" since the last time we played in Malaysia. We will play both new and old songs when we come.

What else are you working on now?
We will continue the trend of being loved and hated for trying new things.

And what else do you hope to achieve for the band?
We want to be able to play anywhere in the world at anytime. That's success to us.

You guys have played in Asia before. How do you find the acceptance of A7X’s music among Asian fans thus far?
Our fans in South East Asia blew us away when we first toured there many years ago. Ever since, it has been very important to us to come back as often as possible, Aia is very important to the A7X Family.

A7X had been labelled as heavy metal. metalcore, alternative, post hardcore and many other genres. Do you have a particular genre which you would associate with the band?
We are ever evolving and never repeat ourselves.

Avenged Sevenfold will play at Sunway Lagoon this Friday, 23 January 2015 at 9pm.

(Interview courtesy of Warner Music Malaysia)

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 22/1/2015, 23:34

Sevenfoldist

Group:
Boss

<grazie a Elenasofia>

Gli “Avenged Sevenfold” sono entusiasti di suonare per la Malesia di nuovo
Bella, deathbats! Il gruppo heavy metal americano, Avenged Sevenfold ( A7X) sarà in città questo venerdì per il loro secondo concerto in questo paese!
Costituita da rockstars pesantemente tatuate, la cui musica sembra come se i Metallica e i Guns & Roses avessero avuto un bambino; la sedicenne band proveniente da Huntington Beach, in California è composta da M. Shadows ( cantante), Synyster Gates (chitarra principale e cori), Zacky Vengeance (chitarra ritmica, cori), Johnny Christ (basso) e Arin Ilejay (batteria).
Con un seguito enorme in Asia, la band ha generato molte hits con molte delle loro canzoni, le quali ricevevano molto spazio su MTV così come in radio. Siamo piuttosto sicuri che avete almeno sentito e finto di suonare “Bat Country”, “Seize the Day”, o alcune delle loro hits più tarde, “Dear God, “So Far Away” oppure “Hail to the King”.
Sunway Lagoon ospiterà di nuovo la permanenza in Malesia della band, questo 23 Gennaio 2015, mentre viaggiano per l’Asia per portare la musica del loro ultimo album “Hail to the King”(2013) ai loro fan, in quello che sarà un promettente show di heavy metal.
Gli Avenged Sevenfold parlano di ritornare in Malesia per il loro secondo show, di quello che i fans possono aspettarsi e anche di come il loro settimo album previsto per il 2016 sia correntemente in cantiere!
Gli A7X sono in giro da parecchio tempo, ora. Qual è la ricetta per la vostra longevità ed il vostro successo?
Buttiamo tanti stili in un miscelatore per ottenere il nostro sound. Siamo anche senza paura nel nostro modo di approcciare. Suoniamo ed eseguiamo la musica che ci piace e non cerchiamo approvazione.
Quali sono state alcune delle sfide che avete dovuto affrontare per arrivare dove siete ora?
Siamo passati attraverso l’era del download illegale e ora dello streaming. Ci ha influenzato perchè non viviamo in un mondo dove le persone non danno alcun valore alla musica. Quando lavori per mesi scrivendo e registrando un album soltanto per essere rubato o scaricato ti fa chiedere come hanno fatto le cose ad arrivare a questo punto. Ovviamente sappiamo tutti la risposta a questa domanda, ma è comunque un problema per tanti artisti.
Attraverso il vostro viaggio musicale, potreste condividere con noi alcune delle esperienze più memorabili che avete avuto?
Condurre il (essere gli headliner del) Download Festival in Inghilterra. Tanto è stato fatto da una band che stava muovendo i primi passi e sono felice di avercela fatta. Sembra anche come qualcosa alla quale abbiamo aspirato durante la nostra intera carriera.
Qual è la lezione più grande che avete imparato fin ora?
Non c’è stato esattamente un momento definitivo. La graduale e costante salita è sempre stata il nostro M. O.
Qual è la svista più grossa che vi è capitata sul palco?
Essere colpiti da una scarpa sulla faccia è sempre inaspettato.
Cosa (o chi) dà ispirazione alla vostra musica?
Rispettiamo tonnellate di band, ma credo che i Metallica abbiano una posizione abbastanza alta nella nostra lista. Sono imponenti ma fanno ancora quello che vogliono ai loro termini. Per di più sono molto bravi con le band più giovani che spuntano sulla scena.
State lavorando al vostro settimo album. Diteci qualcosa riguardo al processo e in che modo sarà diverso dagli album precedenti.
Proveremo tutti i tipi di cose. Alcune funzioneranno, ma la maggior parte no. Penso che ci saranno alcune grandi canzoni avventurose nel nostro prossimo album, ma dovremo aspettare per sapere.
Penso che sia straordinario il fatto che abbiate sviluppato un’applicazione Role Playing Game e una serie animata, che è, credo, un modo non convenzionale per promuovere la vostra musica. Cosa vi ha fatto decidere di iniziare questi piccoli unici progetti?
Amiamo i giochi e siamo venuti a sapere che molti dei nostri fan sono dei giocatori. Ci è sembrato che calzasse a pennello con noi. È stato un processo noioso. La band ha avuto molta voce in capitolo su tutto, dai personaggi al design e, ovviamente, alla musica.
Avete avuto molto successo con lo spettacolo qui in Malesia, nel 2012. Avete qualche grande ricordo che avete portato a casa da quella esperienza?
La gente e la cultura. Ci siamo divertiti visitando la città ma i fan erano folli. Non vediamo l’ora di rivedere tutti quanti.
Che cosa possiamo aspettarci dall’imminente concerto in Kuala Lumpur ?
Abbiamo un album nuovo chiamato “Hail to the King”, rispetto all’ultima volta che abbiamo suonato il Malesia. Suoneremo sia le nuove che le vecchie canzoni, quando arriveremo.
Su cos’altro state lavorando ora?
Continueremo l’andamento dell’essere amati ed odiati per il fatto di provare cose nuove.
E che altro sperate di raggiungere per la band?
Vorremmo essere in grado di suonare in ogni parte del mondo in qualsiasi momento. Questo è il successo per noi.
Avete già suonato in Asia prima. Come trovate l’approvazione della musica degli A7X tra i fan asiatici fino ad ora?
I nostri fan nel sud-est asiatico ci hanno sconvolti la prima volta che siamo stati lì diversi anni fa. Da quella volta, è stato molto importante per noi tornare il più spesso possibile, l’Asia è molto importante per la famiglia A7X.
Gli A7X sono stati etichettati come una band heavy metal, metalcore, alternative, post hardcore e molti altri generi. Avete un genere particolare che assocereste alla band?
Siamo in costante evoluzione e non ripetiamo mai noi stessi.

Web Contacts  Top
1 replies since 22/1/2015, 22:05   26 views