Avenged Sevenfold Italia -  www.avengedsevenfolditalia.it

New interviews with M.Shadows on CoD and making "Not Ready to die"

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 19:27

I'm addicted and I just can't get enough.

Group:
Crew

M Shadows went in-depth with Anti-Music regarding the bands work with Call Of Duty to provide the song “Not Ready To Die” for the “Call Of The Dead” map pack. He talks about getting connected with the Treyarch, his favorite thing about Black Ops, the process behind recording the song, what other games he plays and much more.

CITAZIONE
antiMusic: What are your favorite parts (levels) or editions of the game?
M. Shadows: My fav part of Black Ops is the fact that they made it an extremely competitive game. I felt MW2 was too lethal, it took away the skill of a gun battle. There are people that are fans of that style of gaming, but I prefer what Black Ops did to the game. I feel they are very aware and attentive to the community as well. They listen and fix glitches immediately. Not only did they get the game to a competition level, but they added a competition Playlist, which is all I play when I’m not doing GameBattles. It’s a very pure version of the game. Also, the amount of content they put out for the Zombies fans is incredible. You couldn’t ask for more.

antiMusic: What other favorite video games does the band play?
M. Shadows: I play Mortal Kombat, Zelda, Mario, Halo, Golden Eye 007, Bust a Move, Street Fighter 2, Double Dragon, Robot Unicorn, and many others. I think Johnny plays a lot of DJ hero.

Ebbene. M. Shadows intervistato da Anti-Music ha parlato nuovamente di CoD e del lavoro svolto per la realizzazione di Not Ready to Die per Call of the Death; dell'aver avuto a che fare con la Treyarch (azienda statunitense produttrice di videogiochi - Faccio il Capitan Ovvio), di quello che ama di più in Black Ops, del processo di registrazione della canzone, di altri giochi che adora, e altro.

a.M.: Come siete entrati in contatto con CoD?
M.Shadows: tutti quelli che mi conoscono sanno che sono una gran giocatore. Da quando ero bambino e ho avuto il mio primo NES mi si poteva sempre trovare a giocare ai videogames. Una volta che è stata creata l X-box mi si è aperto un nuovo mondo. La competizione on line è stata un'esperienza fantastica. Così si è scoperto che i nostri ragazzi A&R, Craig alla Warner Brothers, erano amici di Mark Lamia della Trayarch. Sapeva che ero un grande fan del gioco sopratutto, cosi ha fatto la presentazione. Sono andato alla Treyarch dove hanno fatto il gioco e ho avuto modo di vedere tutti i dettagli. Poco dopo la mia visita abbiamo ricevuto una telefonata chiedendo se volevamo fare una canzone originale per "Call of the Dead". Il resto è storia.
a.M: siete tutti fans della band? Siete giocatori seri o occasionali?
M.Shadows: Siamo tutti fan del gioco, ma non ci giochiamo tutti. Gates non ha una consolo di gioco, vedo Zacky giocare molto a Black Ops, on line. Johnny invece è un tipo da DJ Hero. Jimmy era solito giocare a MW2. Io sono il giocatore più accanito - spendo un sacco di tempo per CoD.
a.M.: Quali sono le tue parti preferite ( livelli ) o edizioni del gioco?
M. Shadows: Di black Ops mi piace che l'abbiano reso un gioco molto competitivo. MW2 (Modern Warfare2) era troppo letale, toglieva il piacere di uno scontro a fuoco. Ci sono persone che adorano questo tipo di gioco ma io preferisco Black Ops. Trovo che siano molto consapevoli e attenti alla comunità. Sistemano i difetti immediatamente. Nessun altro aveva mai reso un gioco così competitivo, hanno aggiunto una competiton Playlist che è quello a cui gioco quando non sono impegnato nella GameBattles. E' una versione molto pura del gioco. E tra l'altro, i contenuti che hanno creato per i fan della Zombies sono incredibili. Cosa chiedere di più?
a.M:Qual è stata la reazione quando vi hanno chiesto di scrivere una canzone?
M.Shadows:Io ero veramente eccitato. Non capita spesso che ti chiedano di far qualcosa che veramente vuoi fare. Eravamo veramente orgogliosi di essere associati al gioco.
a.M.: avevi già un idea o avete dovuto iniziare tutto da zero?
M.Shadows: abbiamo iniziato da zero, ma sapevo di volere qualcosa che fosse in stile Castlevania melodicamente. Così abbiamo lavorato su qualcosa del genere. Il nostro scopo era dare la carica per uccidere orde di Zombie
a.M.: quando c'è voluto perchè la canzone prendesse forma?
M.Shadows:1 settimana e 3 giorni per registrarla. Non avevamo molto tempo, è stato durante il tour.
a.M.:avete tenuto conto della storia o semplicemente puntato su qualcosa che si adeguasse all'atmosfera generale?
M.Shadows:Alla storia. E' stato divertente.Abbiamo un grande rispetto per la comunita Zombies e volevamo che si adattasse perfettamente con la storia. Mi sono tenuto molto in contatto con la gente della Treyarch per essere sicuro che le parole si adattassero alla storia, senza dare troppe indicazioni.
a.M: e nella realizzazione della canzone, la Treyarch che ruola ha avuto? Qualche richiesta particolare?
M.Shadows: Hanno detto di fare ciò che volevamo. Che sarebbe anche potuta essere una ballata se era ciò che volevamo. Però sono stati contenti che abbiamo dato molta attenzione alle parole affinchè fossero adatte.
a.M: l'espansione è già disponibile? Ci avete giocato?
M.Shadows: Si! C'ho giocato con Matt Tuck dei BFMV ieri nel backstage e abbiamo sbloccato la canzone.
a.M: Diresti che - Not ready to die - aumenta la conta degli zombie?
M.Shadows: lo garantisco!
a.M: Qual è stato il tempo più lungo che hai speso giocando a CoD?
M.Shadows: probabilmente 16 ore ( ma vai a lavorare Matt!)
a.M: Voi della band a quali altri videogames giocate?
M. Shadows: Io Mortal Kombat, Zelda, Mario, Halo, Golden Eye 007, Bust a Move, Street Fighter 2, Double Dragon, Robot Unicorn :facepalm: , e molti altri. Penso che Johnny giochi molto a DJ hero.

Che cosa interessante :facepalm:

Spero di aver interpretato bene dato che di CoD non ne so una cippa. Santo Google.

Ora è completa. Ringraziamo Sara che ha postato l'intervista intera.

intervista originale: www.antimusic.com/morley/11/avengedsevenfoldmshadows.shtml

Edited by [giada sullivan] - 14/9/2011, 02:42

ProtoShredanoid
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 20:00

Se lo becco su Gamebattles gli apro il culo in più parti

radio-video
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 20:54

ehm, l'intervista completa sarebbe questa però:

CITAZIONE
You know you've arrived when your band is part of one of the world's most popular video games. Avenged Sevenfold was asked by the creators of the shoot-em-up extravaganza Call of Duty: Black Ops to come up with a song for an expansion map for the latest installment. The band jumped at the chance, particularly vocalist M. Shadows who is an avid gamer. We spoke to him recently to find out all about how the new song "Not Ready to Die" (available on iTunes now) came about.

antiMusic: How did you get connected with the Call of Duty game?

M. Shadows: Anyone that knows me, knows I am a big time gamer. From when I was young and got my first NES I could always be found playing video games. Once Xbox Live was created, it opened a whole new world to me. Competing online was such an awesome experience. So it turned out that our A&R guy, Craig at Warner Brothers, was friends with Mark Lamia over at Treyarch. He knew I was a big fan of the franchise and especially that game, so he made the introduction. I went down to Treyarch where they created the game and got to see all the ins and outs. Shortly after my visit, we got a call asking if we wanted to do an original song for the "Call of the Dead" zombies map pack. The rest is history.

antiMusic: Are you all fans of the game? Are the band serious gamers or just occasional players?

M. Shadows: We are all fans of the game, but not all of us play. Gates does not have a gaming console, but I see Zacky playing Black Ops a lot online. Johnny is more of a DJ Hero type of guy. The Rev used to play MW2 back in the day online. I am the most hardcore gamer in the group by far -- I put a lot of time in on Call of Duty.

antiMusic: What are your favorite parts (levels) or editions of the game?

M. Shadows: My fav part of Black Ops is the fact that they made it an extremely competitive game. I felt MW2 was too lethal, it took away the skill of a gun battle. There are people that are fans of that style of gaming, but I prefer what Black Ops did to the game. I feel they are very aware and attentive to the community as well. They listen and fix glitches immediately. Not only did they get the game to a competition level, but they added a competition Playlist, which is all I play when I'm not doing GameBattles. It's a very pure version of the game. Also, the amount of content they put out for the Zombies fans is incredible. You couldn't ask for more.

antiMusic: What was your reaction when asked to write a song?

M. Shadows: I was very excited. It's not often that you get asked to do something that you really want to do. We were just proud to be associated with the game.

antiMusic: Did you have an idea right away that you thought would fit or did you have to work it up from scratch?

M. Shadows: We worked from scratch, but I definitely knew I wanted it to have a Castlevania type vibe melodically. We threw the kitchen sink at it. Our goal was to make it pump you up while killing endless hordes of Zombies.

antiMusic: How long did the song take to come together?

M. Shadows: 1 week and 3 days to record it. We didn't have much time, since we were in between tours.

antiMusic: Did you go by the storyboards fairly closely or just go with a song that would fit the overall vibe?

M. Shadows: We went with the storyboards. It was fun. We have a lot of respect for the Zombies community and wanted it to fit in with the story so far. I did a lot of back and forth with the people at Treyarch to make sure the lyrics worked for the story, without giving away too much of the future.

antiMusic: How much input did Treyarch have with regards to the song? Any special requests?

M. Shadows: They said do whatever you want. They said it could be a ballad if that's what we wanted to do. They were happy that we wanted the lyrics to make sense with the story though.

antiMusic: Is the expansion map actually available to consumers now? If so, have you played it yet?

M. Shadows: Yes, I was actually playing "COTD" with Matt Tuck from Bullet for My Valentine yesterday backstage and we unlocked the song.

antiMusic: Would you say that "Not Ready to Die" accelerates body counts for zombies?

M. Shadows: I guarantee it.

antiMusic: What's the longest stretch you've ever gone playing Call of Duty?

M. Shadows: Probably 16 hours.

antiMusic: What other favorite video games does the band play?

M. Shadows: I play Mortal Kombat, Zelda, Mario, Halo, Golden Eye 007, Bust a Move, Street Fighter 2, Double Dragon, Robot Unicorn, and many others. I think Johnny plays a lot of DJ hero.

Morley and antiMusic thank M. Shadows for taking the time to do this interview.

CITAZIONE
Robot Unicorn :facepalm:

robot unicorn <3 <3

Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 21:02

vabbè vabbè vabbè....io non conosco manco uno dei giochi....magari solo per nome!

Shaka_Zulu
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 21:20

CITAZIONE (°Meister Vengiansss° @ 10/9/2011, 20:27) 
Che cosa interessante :facepalm:

quoto

view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 21:30

Group:
Crew

Infatti mi sembrava troppo poco ma probabilmente al mio pc non piaceva e non l'ho trovata per intero. Chissà perchè... LOL

BebaClary
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 21:42

ahahahaha wquindi matt sta attaccato alla play tutto i lgiorno

Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 21:56

si ma insomma, che sia un nerd con seri problemi era chiaro da un po'...!

view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 21:56

Group:
Crew

con un'espressione intelligente sul volto. u.u sìsì

Elianaxcore
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 22:03

muahahahahahah ho sempre preferito Abello in sta foto...! almeno pare vivo!

radio-video
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 22:16

CITAZIONE (°Meister Vengiansss° @ 10/9/2011, 22:56) 

view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 22:20

Group:
Crew

CITAZIONE (radio-video @ 10/9/2011, 23:16) 
CITAZIONE (°Meister Vengiansss° @ 10/9/2011, 22:56) 

Grazie era quella che stavo cercando. Mi fa rotolareeeeee :panda:

radio-video
view post Posted on 10/9/2011, 22:29

AHAHAHHAAHHA è seriamente la foto più bella che abbia mai visto, l'espressione di Matt è priceless XD

.Wild Angël.
view post Posted on 11/9/2011, 12:07

o.O bisogna staccargli la spina della playstation :mamama:

15 replies since 10/9/2011, 19:27   122 views